So you’ve got your podcast recorded and now you want it to sound smooth and professional. In this video, I’m going to show you a couple of podcast vocal recordings and you’ll see how to use EQ and compression for podcast vocals to fix issues and generally make them sound great.
You’ll learn the following from this video –
- How to use EQ to reduce unwanted frequencies, typically found within vocal recordings
- How to use EQ to enhance desired frequencies for a professional, broadcast-style vocal sound
- How to use compression to give vocal recordings balance and prevent loud volume spikes
- The importance of starting off with a quality recording
- A brief overview of the other tools commonly used for vocal mixing
Practically every vocal recording needs EQ and compression to some extent. And after watching this, you’ll know what sound to aim for and where to start with achieving it – particularly for EQ and compression for podcast vocals and other solo/spoken word vocal recordings.
- Intro – 0:00
- EQ mixing – 0:46
- Compression mixing – 6:02
- Compression mixing poor recording – 9:44
- EQ mixing poor recording – 11:16
- Final Thoughts – 12:23
Featured podcast – The Recruitment Mentors Podcast